The blog has MOVED to UNIVERSEANDYOU.COM.BR !!!
How was this first month of 2012 ? Well, mine literally passed by so fast that I couldn’t even feel it. Working a lot to bring you great news. The blog has a NEW HOME now : www.universeandyou.com.br
For a long time I wanted to moved the blog and I finally did it, that’s why the blog was having a few (a lot) technical problems. But now no problems at all. As I already said 2012 will be brand new.
A preview from a new outfit that is waiting for you in the new blog www.universeandyou.com.br !!!
Xoxo from Ellen.
You can follow me too at :
First of all Happy New Year!
This is the first post of 2012 and I wanted to show my New Year in Yokohama.
We was planning to go to Tokyo however it would maybe be too crowd there so we decided to go to ours best second place : Sakuraguicho. We went there in the afternoon to enjoy the rest of the year daylight and not only because of that but we heard a lot of stories about people spending the new year in their cars because of the traffic. And we didn’t want that!
It doesn’t look like but it was freezing this day!
We had an amazing day. We went shopping, walk a lot, had dinner at an american restaurant, doughnuts for desert and wait for the New Year. The fireworks were very lame but it was certainly worth it ! This was my first new year here in Japan and I love it. Can’t wait to see were I will be until the end of this year! And if you want to know too stay tunned !
Hope you enjoy 2011 with me and 2012 will be brand new !
So let’s start this year with Good Vibrations!
Hey there! How was your Christmas ? Mine was delicious if you know what I mean!
So this year I didn’t exactly did a Christmas Wishlist because in fact I’m having more needs than desires lately!
Here in Yamanaka is freaking cold and I’m wishing for things that can keep me warm and yet fashionable.
On My Wishlist:
1. Hunter boots: This rain (maybe snow too) boots are classic and timeless. I wanted them in the traditional model but when I saw those in animal texture they looked even more desirable.
2. MICHAEL Michael Kors fur vest : Since the winter started I’m getting crazy about fluffy things. I even bought a faux fur coat on a thrifted store for less than U$5 and I wear them on Christmas (photos soon).
3. House of Harlow 1960 Chelsea sunglasses : Well Cat-eye sunglasses are just adorable and I just loved this oversized because they are not too 50′s classic design.
4. Sam Edelman Uma booties : I’m needing a high heel ankle booties for a while now, actually since I throw out all of my old boots. And those look just perfect for me right now!
5. Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass book : When a book self-proclaimed the Beauty Bible it certainly became one of my must-haves. And you know me I love make-up.
6. Chanel lipstick Allure in Enthusiast : Aways need one more.
7. MICHAEL Michael Kors watch : I have to say that I don’t have desires about watches, one proof of this is that I’m wearing the same watch for about 7 years. But lately I’m wishing for a golden but classic watch and this one is both things.
8. Zara red gloves : Cold Cold Cold weather here. Gloves are not a desire item but a necessity.
So this are my winter (needing) wishlist.
And you can follow me on Bloglovin too.
Hello, I’m finally with internet and as a reward for my absence I’m gonna give you the greatest view of Japan.
The Mt. Fuji has become my daily view since I moved. And just a few minutes from home there is this Lake called Lake Yamanaka. One of the most beautiful places in Japan and one of the most visited too.
So winter is almost coming, already made my winter wishlist (I’m kind of late in this Christmas holiday) which I’m about to share it with you in the next post. And I must prepare myself for my first winter with snow! Yes, I never lived in a place that snow! I’m quit nervous, because honestly I don’t have clothes for this kind of weather. So it’s shopping season for real!
Actually I already started when I bought this white shirt (I know that this piece is not exactly winter piece but I really like it) that was certainly a good buy for 500 yen (about U$5 )! I bought in a japanese department store called Shimamura. There is a lot of cool things there for a good price. Recently I bought a beautiful orange coat there that I must share it with you soon.
Hope you enjoy this beautiful view from Mt. Fuji and I’m coming back with more stunning landscapes and outfits.
So stay tunned that I’ll be back !
Hello, it’s been more than 3 weeks since my last post but as I already told you I move to a different city and has been quit stressful this days. A lot of things to do and to organize. My new apartment is smaller than my last one, so I’m having a lot of headaches about that. But as soon as possible I’ll show you the final result.
So let’s get back to this post! You already now that I’m a vintage lover and I always enjoy vintage shopping, so here are some of my favorites vintage pieces and my newest acquisitions.
Silver – I bought this vintage silver plates in shape of a sea shell to display my rings and bracelets. I just love how they looked. So cute and fits all my rings. And the best part it only cost 12 dollars!
Suede – This is one of my favorite shoes. It was a present from my aunt, it belong to her for a long time, probably about 15 to 20 Years, yes years and it still looks like brad new. To match it my favorite vintage snake belt from YSL and my new vintage earrings from Givenchy.
Scarf – I love my new vintage Christian Dior scarf, I bought it in a used store couples weeks before I moved! This print is so adorable! Just love it! And my new (also) Christian Dior necklace.
All photos were taken with Iphone 4S! I’m still without internet!
Hope you enjoy this quick post! And I’ll comeback soon with some news on the blog, more outfits and my greatest view to the Mt. Fuji!
Hi there I’m glad to tell you that I’m moving to a different city this saturday and I couldn’t be more excited!
So today the post is all about memories. Because I’m really going to miss this city (Ushiku-shi). It was here that I had the first view of Japan, my first weird food, my first coffee, my first earthquake (you get used to it)!
So I’m choose some photos since we got here until theses past days, photos that I didn’t post it yet!
This lake will be just a few minutes from my new home. Gorgeous, don’t you think?
Hope you enjoy this photos!
Next post will be from my new town. So stay tunned.
Source : Google images.
Hey there, first of all I want to thank everyone for your sweet comments on my last post, I really appreciate all of them and I’ll reply (if I didn’t do it already).
So today I choose just one word to represent this photos.
Essencial nº 1 – my macbook, my Ipad 2 and my new desk (remember that I told about it on this post here) that is perfect for everything : to use my mac, to DIY and that even includes being my temporary dressing table.
Essencial nº 2 – my US magazines which remind me that I need to pick up the new issues, my black (that I use for drawings, inspirations and DIY ideas) and red (for notes, it’s almost an agenda) moleskine and glasses.
Essencial nº 3 – my temporary make up draw with my daily make up. Just a part of my collection.
That’s it for today !
Hope you like my essencials as much as I need them !
Happy Halloween !
I know that is not Halloween already but I wanted to start earlier for this post ! Today is a different kind of look, not exactly a costume but an inspired outfit. The inspiration was Catwoman, the original by Julie Newmar. She is by far my favorite catwoman, she is stunning! Who wouldn’t kill to have her body? So I put up together a similar (but not precisely) outfit that includes a kitty ear.
I never had a real (honestly I had but there’s no comparative) Halloween party like they have in USA. All I know about this holiday I saw in movies and that’s why I made two lists of movies, the first one are movies that I used to watched in looping when I was a kid and the second one are horror movies especially for those that aren’t afraid of the dark.
HALLOWEEN movie list (kids):
- Beetlejuice (1988) : I really loved this movie because it was made from one of my favorites cartoons and Tim Burton is one of my favorites directors.
- Hocus Pocus (1993) : Sarah Jessica Parker is so cute as a witch. I used to watched this movies every year.
- Casper (1995) : Christina Ricci and Devon Sawa are so adorable is this movie.
- The Addams Family Values (1993) : When you think about Halloween what family fits better?
- Sleepy Hollow (1999) : Legends about this date is always valuable.
- Elvira : Mistress of the Dark (1988) : Not exactly a kids movies but it’s so funny.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) : You can watch at Halloween or Christmas.
HALLOWEEN movies for those that aren’t afraid of the dark (Horror):
- The Exorcist (1973) : I only watch this movie once and I think it’s enough.
- Friday the 13th (1980) : Classic Halloween movie.
- Halloween (1978) : Explains itself .
- From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) : Horror movie a la Tarantino.
- Drag Me to Hell (2009) : New movie but classic horror. And I have to admit that I didn’t sleep after this movie.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) : Still one of the best horror movies.
13 movies for you enjoy your Halloween and if you don’t remember the movies just click on the title of the movie.
Hope you have an amazing Halloween.
Sweet Dreams Kids!
Trick or Treat ?
Hey guys! You saw on the last post my fringe necklace ! So today I’m gonna show how to make it yourself this necklace!
What are going to need ?
- Elastic Cord
- Piece of leather
- Cutting Mat
- Leather Glue
- Ruler ( this one is specially to use with a cutter )
Step 1 : Cut the elastic about 90 cm ( about 35,5 inch). Make the hangman’s noose knot on both sides. I choose this knot because you can adjust the size, making it longer or shorter.
Step 2 : Mark the leather. Start with one fringe, the biggest one 20cm x 0,5 cm (7,9 x 0,2 inch) and then mark 2 fringes with 1cm (4 inch) smaller. And keep marking two fringes each time 1cm (4 inch) smaller than the last one. Mark the total of 22 fringes + the big fringe for the necklace (you can make less fringes if you want). After that mark 2 fringes of 19 cm (7,5 inch) for the end of the necklace.
Step 3 : After you mark put the leather piece above the cutting mat and then cut fringe by fringe.
Step 4 : Take all your fringes and organize them in a way that you can see the final product.
Step 5 : Find the middle of your necklace and the glue the big fringe. This glue that I bought you have to wait about 5 to 10 minutes to glue them together. You can try other kinds of glue, or the one you can find it. After you glue the first one, start to glue two by two, one on each side.
Step 6 : After you glued all the fringes of the necklace, take those 2 fringes of 19 cm (7,5 inch) that you cut and glue at the end of your necklace.
And that’s it ! Your fringe necklace is ready !!
If you have any questions about one of the steps please feel free to leave a comment with your doubts ! I’ll answer all your questions as soon as possible.
Thanks for reading!